OUR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES
Since its foundation, over eight decades ago, GIS promotes activities and programs for the development and welfare of the communities where we operate.
We participate in various projects in conjunction with our stakeholders, seeking to promote education, health, sports, and environmental sustainability.
Our employees organize and support volunteering activities that improve the housing and schooling conditions of the most needed communities.
We support non-governmental organizations for environmental care as well as strategies to help underprivileged children, the elderly, and organizations focused on disease prevention.
Furthermore, various mechanisms have been established by GIS which seek to provide training, education, and human development for its employees and stakeholders.
For more specific information about our activities you can click in the link below.
The main strategies defined are: growth, global cost control and improved management systems. This last is especially relevant as, with the aim of ensuring permanent fulfilment of the internally defined Processes (Quality Assurance) whilst maintaining safety levels for our workforce (Risk Prevention) and respecting our surroundings (Environment). As a result of this policy we have a consolidated, efficient production process, in perfect harmony with a Responsible Management directed to our society and environments benefit.
Our main standards are as follows: ISO IATF, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, EMAS and OHSAS 18.001.
Health and safety
We understands that success in business means nothing if it entails a worsening in labor conditions or puts the health and safety of the people who work with us at risk. This is why our compromise in this area goes beyond the legal requirements, and has led us benchmark with the best in the field.
The main action point which arise from the specific annual plans are as follows:
- To carry out whatever actions necessary in order to identify existing and possible risks
- To provide the human and technical resources necessary in order to define and set up the relevant measures for the eradication of the above.
- To implicate and encourage the involvement of all interested parties.
- To generate a positive culture towards Risk Prevention by means of Group Meetings and Training.
- To collaborate in the development of Risk Prevention Systems for our field.
- To encourage Continual Improvement and Prevention.
- To go beyond merely complying with legal or other requirements.
We consider sustainability to be a strategic factor in our managerial activity, linked, in an indissoluble form, to the growth and the profitability of our company.
For many years we have supported a proactive environmental protection culture in favor of Sustainable Development. This commitment supposes an additional impulse in all the performances orientated to promote the constant improvement in relation with the environment.
Every activity linked to environmental matters is oriented towards the development of a set of principles which make up the business performance directives, and can be summarized as follows:
- To comply with applicable legal and environmental requirements
- To encourage Continuous Improvement in relation to the Environment
- To respect our surrounding by minimizing our impact on it
- To establish Active and Preventive Environmental Objectives
In order to follow these principles through, a series of tasks established in the Integral Management System have been defined:
- To inculcate a sense of Responsibility towards the Environment among the workforce.
- To stimulate and evaluate the establishment of Environmental Management Systems in our field, and more specifically amongst our suppliers.
- To periodically review the environmental impact caused by our processes and activity and to draw up and implement action plans as necessary.
- To inform interested parties’ situation regarding Environmental Protection.